Thursday, December 11, 2008

Today is My 9th Anniversary!

Nine years ago this evening, I married a wonderful, beautiful woman, Kimberly Dawn Skeen. We met online (when that sort of thing was brand new) via a site called Digital City (Washington). I had posted a "personals" ad which she responded to one evening in February 1998 (I always kid her that the one answering a personal ad is definitely more desparate than the one who posted). I asked her to marry me in September and we were married on December 11, 1999 in McLean, Virginia.

Kim has been a true blessing in my life. She has made me a father three times over, and the joy she has brought to my journey in this mortal coil has vastly outweighed any difficulty. I wish I could say that I have been as much a blessing to her as she has to me, but that would be untrue. She has had to endure selfishness, shortsightedness, cancer, pain, and sadness because of me, and yet has remained by my side--for that I am truly grateful.

Through our time together, I have come to love Kim more deeply than I have ever loved any other person (except Christ). I continue to work toward being a better husband to her, struggling with my self-centeredness and other issues so that I can more effectively show my love for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truest posting yet. Without question...

It was great seeing you in traffic today. But try not to leap out an the last minute in front of speeding car (mine at least) desperate to exit the freeway. :)

Happy anniversary sir.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, My Sweet Prince.

Our marriage has been a wild roller-coster ride (kinda like the one you trick me into riding when we were dating), but one well worth the ride which includes both the highs and lows!

I love you
MTY, LTT, F & A
Kim

Jodi said...

I love you both! And this was a beautiful post Jimmy! Congrats (late of course, but coming from a Beck it should be no other way!)