Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bush Derangement Syndrome

In a recent post ("On Genocide and Subterfuge of Democrats" ), my dear brother weighed in with his opinion. John and I will rarely agree on anything (as anyone that knows us will testify); however, I believe that he has contracted a severe case of "Bush Derangement Syndrome" (the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency—nay—the very existence of George W. Bush--see Wikipedia Bush Derangement Syndrome) .

I really have a hard time understanding BDS...

Yes, I admit, I was very critical of the Clinton administration from 1993-2001; however I was able to see President Clinton as a human being (seriously flawed)--not some Incarnation of Evil. I disagreed with many of his policies and viewpoints, but they were just that, disagreements--not some devious plan to undermine the Constitution. Heck, I ameven able to give him props on some things (of course, I believe that most of these that would make a list would be ones that he was dragged kicking and screaming to after the "Republican Revolution of 1994").

My brother's latest incantation--"C'mon...this president wants nothing more than to keep this war going so that he can line the pockets of his friends and family. He is a coward and should be brought up on war crimes." Hmmmm....

Evidence? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Line the pockets of his friends and family. How does the war do this?
Oh, wait...I forgot...
The magic word--HALIBURTON!

Brought up on war crimes...hmmm which war crimes are these? Be careful when answering--most laws of war pertain to REGULAR military (ie uniformed members of a state militia).

Two recent submissions to the list of BDS show me it is alive and well:

During a debate on SCHIP expansion Thursday, Representative Pete Stark (D-CA) showed symptoms of BDS when he said the following on the House floor: "You don't have money to fund the war or children. But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement."

ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS (of course he apologized yesterday).

And my new favorite: The reaction of the federal government to the wildfires in California compared to the reaction to Katrina shows that the administration is racist!

Really, seek some treatment...

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I think you and John enjoy being one another's foil.

jpb2525 said...

I'm glad Jimmy enjoy's it. I seem to recall that his reaction to Clinton was not as simiple as he would like everyone to believe. There were no Repubs that didn't go off the deep end with Clinton - and this resulted in the desire to destroy him....funny, right? My fears of the Bush administration are centered, thought out, and based on past acts. This man is not a friend of democracy, he is out to destroy it. Though no matter what evidence I can produce - my brother in his blind admiration and faith in this idiot will produce nothing more than excuses - not worth my time. This idiot will be out of office in 15 months - and hopefully will not be able to do anymore damage to our fragile democracy (I can only hope and pray). But the sabre rattling he and his cronies are producing against Iran - I can only guestimate that the decision to go to war against Iran has been made...For a brother SO SMART, I cannot understand how he can back such an unbelievably evil man. Jimmy the emporor has no clothes....

Jodi said...

I have a serious question for you both. Can either of you have an opinion that you believe so strongly that there is no need for this mistaken antagonism? Hold your beliefs and even share them, but if you truly believe them then you should have no need to make others believe it too to make yourselves feel better. You both are far more self confident than this... or at least I thought.