Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My Inauguaral Post--October 3, 2007

Here we go!

Thank you for taking time to check out my blog. I have intended to begin this for several months, but have been a little trepidatious about several things, not the least of which is what should I write about and for whom will I be writing. As I am certain that you are intelligent (after all, you are here!), I will dispense with the preliminary introductions and trust that my profile provides enough background. I am sure you will get a clearer picture of me and my views as this blog begins to take shape.

So, what is to be expected from this blog? Well, there are a plethora of subjects which pique my interest, among which are politics, current events, religion, economics, and others. This has been the single largest factor interfering with the beginning of this blog. I have so many issues I would like to investigate through this process through sharing my opinions and beliefs, as well as inviting discussion to help in the development of new understanding, that I have been procrastinating. It will be hard to choose the major topics of interest with which I will begin; however, I will endeavor to be reliable and predictable in my postings--planning to post initially three times a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I hope that you will bear with me as I begin this process and shake out the bugs; I will try to keep it current and interesting. If I am successful in being interesting, please let others know about the blog. Thank you again for spending your time, and I will see you on Friday. I think I have a first subject--the "empathy deficit". Michelle Obama was quoted yesterday saying, "We are living in a time where we are suffering from a deep empathy deficit."

6 comments:

jpb2525 said...

Glad to see you join the blog world! I am very interested in what you will have to say - and I am sure you will say a lot (most of which I will strongly disagree). I am currently up to 66 unique visits a week, so keep it interesting - and find blogs to post your comments (that is how you build your audience). Anyway, have fun - but most importantly, write what comes to you.

Jodi said...

Congrats! I'll add a link, too! Exciting, we have a blogging family. When are we all going on vacation together? I figure the vacation jar has to have a couple hundred quarters in it and we've only just begun!!

jpb2525 said...

I don't think this counts Jodi. However - I did come to this blog again (because its friday) eagerly awaiting a new post....to no avail... :(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.